Sunday, April 7, 2013

On Being Thankful


Thankfulness.

For such a simple word, it packs quite a punch.
During the holidays, there’s this fad on social media sites of counting down the days to Thanksgiving by listing a new thing or person that you’re thankful for each day. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of posting such personal stuff on the internet, but it's made me stop and think about how really UN-thankful I’ve been over the past semester. 

As a student of theatre and communications, I divide my time between shows and school, which is the equivalent of working a part-time job and a full-time job at the same time. Despite my best intentions, I often let small things, like devotions and just talking to God throughout the week, slide. This all makes for a very sleepy, very cranky, very un-thankful Lauren.

And yet God, who somehow understands that I feel like I’m drowning in a sea of term papers and final projects, is still reminding me every day of all the things that I have, of all the people who love me, of the opportunities I am being given, and that He still loves me more than anything else in this world.
And there are no words for how humbling that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment